This practice trains junior doctors. They are fully qualified and have already done training in hospitals. You can expect them to provide a full range of GP services. If they are not certain about what to do they will ask more senior colleagues for advice. Thank you.
Our current junior doctor is called Dr Brodie.
We recently conducted a survey of our Patient Participation Group to find out how patients prefer to receive practice information. We received 55 replies, the results of which are shown below:
Many patients attend the practice regularly
- Notice boards matter – regular attendance means you are more likely to see and read our notices.
- We are going to be putting up electronic patient message boards in the waiting areas, which will allow us to tell you key messages whilst you are waiting for your appointment. The message boards will also let you know when you are being called in to see the doctor or nurse.
You value our practice notices, which is great to know!
- Recognising that our notices are important to you, we now also put key procedure or clinic changes on our noticeboard on a brightly coloured background (for example, a change in Travel Vaccinations, and a change in Contraceptive Services provided) to bring them to the attention of even more patients.
Approximately half of our patients pick up our leaflets
- We will continue to place relevant information in the leaflet stands.
Our Website isn’t your first source of information
- We have increased the frequency of updates made to our website
- During 2016, we will be changing the look and feel of our website which we hope will make it even more user-friendly.
When you have a question, you phone us
- Many queries we receive are about clinics and appointments. We are investing in a new system to be able to contact our patients with key appointment and clinic updates. To do this, we need you to allow us to contact you by text message – ask for a consent form when you are next in practice.
- Alternatively, send us your comments and questions to email@example.com
- We would ask you to check our website for practice information in the first instance, as this way, our phone lines are kept free for patients making appointments or with an urgent medical need.
Thank you – your comments help us ensure our services meet your needs.
If you have any questions about this survey, or you would like to join our patient participation group, please contact the deputy or practice manager – we are very keen to hear your views.
GP EARNINGS FOR 2014/15
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings (e.g. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in Dr Cloak and Partners in the last financial year was £79,337 before tax and National Insurance.
This is for 2 full time GPs, 5 part time GPs and 1 locum GP who worked in the practice for more than six months.
We are pleased to announce that we have a new Partner joining the Practice on 4th April 2016. He is called Dr Raj Bethapudi and will be based in room 2.