*** PLEASE NOTE WE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH OUR TELEPHONE SYSTEM THIS MORNING (15.8.2018)***
Making urgent care work better in Sunderland
Over the past two years, Sunderland CCG have talked to hundreds of local people about urgent care. People have told them that they find the system confusing, and are not always sure where to get the care they need. Many people have also told us they find it hard to get an urgent appointment with their GP or feel they have to wait too long.
They want to make it easy and simple to use NHS services. To do this, they need to make some changes to services to make sure people get the right care as quickly as possible.
They also want to make it easier to see a GP – so that if you need an urgent appointment, you can get one quickly.
They have developed a new way of arranging services, which we think will help urgent care in Sunderland to work better. The plans are set out at http://www.sunderlandccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/urgent-care-services/
The CCG would like to hear your views, so that we understand how you feel about the proposed improvements.
Have your say
Complete the survey at http://www.sunderlandccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/urgent-care-services/
- Phone 0191 217 2670 for a copy of the survey or to complete it over the phone
- Email us at SUNCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get in touch via Twitter @SunderlandCCG or Facebook @Sunderlandhealth
- Watch our YouTube channel – search for ‘Sunderland CCG’
- Write to us at NHS Sunderland Clinical Commissioning Group, Pemberton House, Colima Avenue, Sunderland, SR5 3XB
The closing date for comments is Sunday 12 August 2018, and no decision will be made until we have reviewed all the feedback we receive.
List of future events
- Wednesday 13 June, 2 – 4pm, North East Business and Innovation Centre (BIC), Enterprise Park East, Wearfield, Sunderland, SR5 2TA
- Monday 18 June, 12:30 – 2:30pm, Sunderland Bangladeshi International Centre, 30 Tatham Street, Sunderland, SR1 2QD
- Saturday 23 June, 10 – 12pm, Bede Tower, Burdon Road, Sunderland, SR2 7DZ
- Monday 2 July, 5 – 7pm, The Glebe Centre, Durham Place, Murton, SR7 9BX
- Wednesday 11 July, 6 – 8pm, Bunny Hill Centre, Hylton Lane, Sunderland, SR5 4BW
- Thursday 12 July, 6 – 8pm, Washington Arts Centre, Biddick Lane, Washington, NE38 8AB
- Monday 16 July, 6 – 8pm, Roberts Lounge, Boldon Community Association, New Road, Boldon Colliery NE35 9DS
- Thursday 19 July, 6 – 8pm, Enterprise Suite, Hope Street Xchange, 1 – 3 Hind Street, Sunderland, SR1 3QD
- Monday 6 August, 6 – 8pm, (dedicated travel and transport event) The Hetton Centre, Welfare Road, Hetton-le-Hole, DH5 9NE
- Tuesday 7 August, 6 – 8pm, Bede Tower, Burdon Road, Sunderland, SR2 7DZ
- Wednesday 8 August, 6 – 8pm, The Hetton Centre, Welfare Road, Hetton-le-Hole, DH5 9NE
Since the beginning of 2018, there has been an increase in confirmed cases of measles in England. Although there has not been a significant rise in cases in the north east, we want to make you aware of this illness. This is not something that only affects young children, and we do not want to worry you, but please be alert. There is more information in the leaflet below, but if you have any concerns, please contact the surgery by telephone.
As some of you may be aware, the Islamic month of Ramadan starts this week. As the days are considerably long during the summer months, here is some useful information from the Diabetes UK website regarding managing your diabetes during this month. Please find link to the website and a factsheet below: